James Taylor’s Shocked and Amazed! On & Off the Midway, Vol. 8
- The willing suspension of disbelief is what makes amusements, well, amusing. Listen as James Taylor explains it all in CUTTIN’ UP JACKPOTS
- Fabulous Frieda Pushnik was more than a lady with no arms and legs. She was a Palmer penmanship pro, a painter and a crochet aficionado. You could easily say she was DISARMINGLY TALENTED
- Giant rats, gypsies, and the most famous three-legged man of them all! If that sounds like your ideal summer job, well then you sound just like our pal, Walt Hudson. He’s our very own CONEY ISLAND BABY
- The Fischers were huge stars! Professionally they were known as the World’s Only Giant Married Couple. Enjoy a quick peek into THE FISCHERS FOTO FILE
- You’ll never meet a character more colorful than Red Stuart. He’s a true-blue-through-and-through carnie. Sometimes, he’s rolling in the green. While other times, a black cloud seems to hang over his head. One thing is for certain, he would absolutely want you to HAVE A RED ONE
- Don’t doubt our veracity! We verily aver these Victorian variety amusements are available for viewing in THE STRAND
- Don Boles (aka Rex Dane) was a midnight movie mentalist and magician in addition to being MENTAL AS ANYTHING
- These girls really know how to turn heads! Everyone slows down to take a gander at them. Don’t be embarrassed if they catch you RUBBER NECKING
- Everything old is new again. And it doesn’t get much older than the Renaissance. But it doesn’t get much newer than the Renaissance Faire, either. Join Jeffrey Siegal as he explains the evolution of the olde. Oh, and you can ask questions along the way. He’s FAIRE GAME
- Love! Romance! Betrayal! Sappiness! You’re in for this and so much more when we return to the golden age of comics and examine why we are DRAWN TO CARNIES
- Don’t call one of those animal advocacy groups. No Pulex Irritans were harmed in the publication of this periodical. These vivacious vermin are simply chomping at the bit to have their stories told here. Why, I’ll be doggone if these petite performers aren’t FLEAS TO MEET YOU
- Who wouldn’t welcome a return to the good ole days of genteel popular amusement? You know, back when the unwashed masses weren’t nearly so unwashed. Since said era never truly existed, you’ll have to forgo turning back the hands of time and instead try TURNING ON A DIME
- Without sounding too world-weary, we’ve seen some very strange things in our time. But the almost human gorilla is the top banana of bizarre. Don’t believe me? Well, I’ll be a MONKEY’S UNCLE
- Now the world don’t move to the beat of just one drum. What’s right for you, might not be right for some. Lee Kolozsy embrace both worlds in VIVE LE DIFFERENCE……
- It’s time to bring out the big guns! And guns don’t get much bigger than cannons. And the number-one-with-a-bullet fav of audiences everywhere was The Great Wilno. Let him tell you about spending his life staring down the barrel of a gun in NICE SHOT
- Blinky, Moss-ear, and No-Nose love this piece. Of course, I might be DROPPING NAMES
- This way to the egress. We tell you exactly where to find the key to the midway in the BLOW OFF
- Pry open your wallet and spend your cabbage in the INDEPENDENT MIDWAY
- Just who did this? We point fingers at everyone in FRAMING THE SHOW
- Talk is cheap. That’s why, at no additional charge to you, we are able to provide you with LINGO
- All copies are signed – if you’d like your copy personalized or a special message added please add a note to your order or contact us.
- Prices include domestic shipping via USPS priority mail.
- For all foreign orders, please place the order as though domestic and we will contact you for the additional necessary postage/rate at which you wish your copy(s) sent.
- Please allow time for handling and delivery.
- Questions? Contact Us!